1. Posted March 8, 2012 at 07:22 | Permalink

Good luck Benjamin! I’m excited to see how this works for you.

2. Posted March 8, 2012 at 11:08 | Permalink

Whoa! That’a s bold and brave experiment, Benjamin. Can’t wait to see how you manage without a laptop or desktop!

3. Posted March 8, 2012 at 11:35 | Permalink

Good luck … sounds like a wild ride.

• Posted March 8, 2012 at 13:27 | Permalink

Thanks! It has required a shift in approach to executing daily tasks. I noticed right off the bat where my ‘PC-ruts’ are in terms of thinking.

4. Posted March 8, 2012 at 14:14 | Permalink

Interesting test, indeed. One thing that I would like to read about is how you manage the separation of business and personal.on the device. Not as far as product endorsements, but in terms of how a tool to manage the device as it would work in a real CoIT or BYOD environment.

• Posted March 8, 2012 at 14:30 | Permalink

Kevin – that is definitely something I plan on covering. So stay tuned. That very topic is on a lot of people’s minds.

5. Posted March 8, 2012 at 18:29 | Permalink

Very cool, Benjamin! I’ll be reading your blog posts. With so much reliance on one device, have you considered addressing mobile security as well? Some security-related topics will undoubtedly be covered as part of your exploration of device/application management, but a deep dive on mobile security – as in mobile antimalware, etc. – would be beneficial, too. Of course, you would expect such a suggestion from a Symantec employee. :) Oh, and don’t forget to password protect your device: http://bit.ly/xYgRg1.

Spencer Parkinson
    Symantec

• Posted March 8, 2012 at 18:39 | Permalink

Spencer – Glad you’ll be following along. Yes mobile security is one of the areas I plan on covering. I think, as you hopefully agree, its importance is paramount to enterprise mobility. I like your suggestion of specifically calling out antimalware. And yes – it is password protected. Not only for theft reasons but also to keep my kids from playing angry birds on my phone! ;)

6. Posted March 12, 2012 at 12:07 | Permalink

I for one am REALLY excited to follow this thread….I’m sure we will all benefit from your willingness to be a mobile guinea pig!

7. Posted March 20, 2012 at 01:24 | Permalink

Hi Ben,

How’s it going so far? It’s been more than 10 days now and I’m sure you must be having something interesting to share with us. While reading your article I was constantly imagining myself doing the same. While some tasks on the PC can be easily substituted by the phone, the same can’t be said about others.

So, go ahead. Enlighten us.