BYOD – Bring Your Own Device – is currently one of the most frequently discussed issues in enterprise mobility. Although often used as a synonym for The Consumerization of Information Technology, BYOD and CoIT are two distinct, albeit highly overlapping trends.
This document is meant to provide organizations an alternate approach – through five simple steps – for developing a holistic end-to-end mobile strategy that embraces the undeniable benefits of CoIT to employees all-the-while mitigating the risks and concerns IT departments have from allowing employees to bring their own devices into the workplace.
The five things every workplace should consider include:
- Stop Fighting The Battle And Focus On The War
- Remember What Your Users Are: They’re Your Customers
- Develop and Enforce an Enterprise Mobility Policy That Your Employees Can and Will Trust
- Manage and Secure What’s Important: The (Corporate and Personal) Data
- BYOD Can Cost Your Company More Than COPE And Reduce Employee Satisfaction
This document can only be used for personal education and may not be distributed by vendors/ISVs/consultants without the express written consent of The Enterprise Mobility Foundation.