Did you know that April 25 was World Penguin Day? I didn’t either. My first reaction was confusion. What exactly are you supposed to do on World Penguin Day? Wear a tuxedo? Install a copy of your favorite Linux distribution? I know one person who would say you should install Ubuntu. But seriously – this is so absurd. My second thought was to say “Why isn’t there a World Enterprise Mobility Day?” And hence started a wave of positive reaction. Why NOT have a World Enterprise Mobility Day?
buy tamoxifen uk
buy metronidazol with visa
online paxel uk
pharmacy express online
viagra pills online malaysia
Enterprise mobility is growing by leaps and bounds. One only need look at the attendance at Interop earlier this week at all the sessions around tablets and mobility management. The rooms were packed. There is a real buzz around this new area of enterprise IT. Enterprise mobility is one of the most exciting opportunities within the workplace these days because of all the change management opportunities it provides organizations. Change – REAL change – happens in waves, and it’s not something that happens all the time. But there is a real paradigm shift occurring in terms of how organizations are looking at their business processes….and how they can be impacted by mobile technologies. There is a real revolution occurring today in in business process improvement…and we are right in the middle of it in the world of enterprise mobility.
So why not have a special day to raise the collective awareness around the world regarding the power of mobile technologies in the workplace? I just saw a tweet moments ago that perfectly captures the spirit of World Enterprise Mobility Day:
Today is World Enterprise Mobility Day. Here’s a shout-out to everyone helping transform the way people do business #WEMD
You have to love it. And what day should it be? After much deep thought and consultation with the folks at Murky Research of Car Talk Fame, we came up with today May 13. No, not Friday the 13th (coincidence)…but E (the 5th letter of the alphabet) and M (the 13th letter of the alphabet). I’m sure you can tell, much thought and analysis went into this.
So what does one do on World Enterprise Mobility Day? No, I’m not suggesting you go hug your BES administrator (you can though, if you want). Here are a couple of ideas:
- Think about the kinds of applications your company could benefit from if they were mobilized
- Go dust off your mobility policy and make sure it’s up to date
- Don’t have one? You can start by downloading our template
- Revisit your mobility strategy
- What’s a mobility strategy? Here’s a primer for you
- Talk to someone within your organization about how you’re going to transform your business with mobilty
- Go install that patch you’ve been meaning to install on your BES server
- Connect with a couple of thousand people who are passionate about enterprise mobility
- Reach out to a mobility expert and learn about the benefits of leveraging mobile technologies in the workplace
- If you work at an enterprise mobility company – reach out to your customers and ask them what else they are thinking about for mobility – what can you do to help them?
- Go hug your BES administrator and/or your mobility specialist
So what are you going to do to celebrate the latest Hallmark day? Share it in the comments section, and if you are going to tweet anything today, make sure to add the #WEMD tag.